Monday 23 May 2011

Perfection...




This blog has come to be after a long time of debating as to whether to start it or not. In the end, I decided to do so in order to keep my other blog for my various photo and art challenges and this one is to be the one where I record my experiences and thoughts as I make my personal journey with God.

The other debate I had with myself was what to call this blog. One day I read one of my favourite scriptures Psalm 91:1 and the name "Under His Shadow" came to mind. I must say that this is not an original name! After I set up the blog I came across another one with a similar name, but I decided to keep the name anyway.

I have to say that I am a work in progress - my life verse is Philippians 1:6 "being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." In other words, I am not perfect, I make mistakes, I am often wrong - oh my, what a shock!

I think I must have had a perfectionist streak in me all my life. I want things to be perfect. I hate mistakes on my pages. I will unpick my stitches in my embroidery because they are not perfect and so on. (On a side note: I don't unpick my stitches so much now).  I often castigate myself for sinning and falling short of God's standards.

Well, we live in an imperfect world and that is the reason God sent Jesus to our world. He is the only perfect one who ever walked on this earth. He does not expect perfection of me now. He only wants me to accept Him and His saving grace in my life. I cannot do it in my own strength and without God's help.

He has started the work in me and will bring it to perfection on the day I see Him face-to-face.

No comments:

Post a Comment