Sunday 26 June 2011

Blocked...

If you look back to see when I last wrote a post, you will see that has been three weeks! I have felt, and am still feeling, totally blocked.

I feel blocked creatively, inspirationally and in my communications with God. The cause of all this is unknown to me. Maybe it is because the general situation in the world is unstable and unpredictable (end times??). Maybe it is because I am in need of a break from Lagos - we expats are a spoilt breed here in Nigeria; most of us have chance to go away at least three times a year. However, since my better half has been pretty much self-employed, we do not have the luxury of "free" air flights, so I have not been out of here since January. Sad, I know, as most people in the world do not even get one holiday a year! Anyway, back to possible causes of my block - maybe another reason is that I am hoping that we will retire next year and move to our yet-to-be built home in South Africa. So many of our good friends have already left and I am really finding it difficult to feel settled here. I am longing for the future and not living in the moment.

Note to Rachel: Live in the moment!

This morning when I looked at my blog I saw that today's verse is Hebrews 13:8.

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever. (NIV)
For Jesus doesn't change—yesterday, today, tomorrow, he's always totally himself. (The Message)


How comforting it was to read that. The world may change, my world may change, but God does not change. No matter what I am feeling, God does not change. He may feel far from me; I may feel far from Him, but He does not change. I have to believe that and trust Him, no matter what my feelings or circumstances are. Jesus, God, is ALWAYS the same.






No comments:

Post a Comment