Friday 23 December 2011

Candlelight...


Today is a miserable, rainy, gloomy day. Happily, I have not had to venture out and cope with driving in the rain or going to the shops, especially as the parking lots and shops are crowded and crazy!
My daughter has a lovely candle holder, so in the cause of taking a photo, I put a tea light inside and captured this shot…a lovely warm glow to brighten up a gloomy day :)
It also reminds me of the Light of the world...
12 When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” John 8:12 (NIV)


12Jesus once again addressed them: "I am the world's Light. No one who follows me stumbles around in the darkness. I provide plenty of light to live in." John 8:12 (The Message)


I should always be aware that Jesus is the light in my world. I should always be aware that, with Him as the light in my life, I do not need to stumble around. I should always be aware that, with Him, there is plenty of light to live in. Am I always aware of that? Sadly, no...but each time I see a candle, I hope that in future I will be aware of the Light of the world.



No comments:

Post a Comment