Wednesday 21 December 2011

Thoughtful...



“Somehow he [Tim] gets thoughtful sitting by himself so much, and thinks the strangest things you ever heard. He told me, coming home, that he hoped the people saw him in the church, because he was a cripple, and it might be pleasant for them to remember upon Christmas Day, who made lame beggars walk, and blind men see.”–Charles Dickens (A Christmas Carol)
It makes me think, as it also appears to have made Tiny Tim think, about the reason for this season. Yes, it all came about because of the birth of The One who makes lame beggars walk and blind men see. I wonder, if the Son of God had not been born on that day, some 2,000 odd years ago, what state would the world be in now. That could bring on a long debate, depending on one's point of view…

Tiny Tim's attitude to his "crippledness" is a lesson that I, for one, should learn from. How often do I feel sorry for myself when life throws challenges at me? Surely those challenges should cause me to remember who it is that can help me overcome them - Jesus.

Along with Tiny Tim, I leave you with the hope that you will find it “pleasant to remember … who made lame beggars walk and blind men see”.



No comments:

Post a Comment